Nicholas Tse admits marriage in trouble, but still loves Cecilia Cheung


Hong Kong actor Nicholas Tse admitted on Sunday, during the premiere of his film "Treasure Inn" in Beijing, that there were some "definite problems" in his marriage to actress Cecilia Cheung,reported Hong Kong media.

"The recent storm (regarding Tse and Cheung's possible separation) is not good for either party. Hopefully, today, after speaking about it, things will quieten down.

"Indeed, today, there are some definite problems in my marriage," said Tse in his four-minute speech.

Throughout his speech, Tse never uttered a word about divorce, but instead consistently addressed Cecilia Cheung, 31, as "my wife".

"My wife grew up in a single-parent family. I too grew up in a single-parent family. But I never hated my parents.

"Instead, when our first child was born, we hoped to overcome fate and not let [our children] grow up in a broken home."

"Sadly, today, I don't know how to continue," said Tse.

"If you ask me now 'Nicholas Tse, do you love that person. Think about that person?' I would say 'I love her and think about her', but I don't know how to continue."

The 31-year-old actor claimed that he and Cheung still loved each other, despite Cheung's fiery criticism of him in a recent interview with Hong Kong media.

Cheung, his wife of five years, had called Tse a bad father and a manipulative man.

"I heard that she chided me a few days earlier. [But] we spoke over the phone yesterday (Saturday), SMSed a few questions.

"She still told me that she loves me, and misses me. I believe [her]."

"And I am confident no matter what sort of relationship we have in the future, we will still work hard to find a healthy, stable space for our two sons (Lucas and Quintus) to grow up."

"We are both adults, so our relationship from now onwards, be it love or hate ... we will deal with it ourselves."

Tse did not wear his wedding band during the event.

He appeared calm throughout the greater part of his speech, though his eyes became moist at some points.

He also rested his shades on his forehead when he spoke, perhaps in response to Cheung's earlier comments that he wears shades to hide his eyes and prevent people from telling if he is lying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me Which Posts U Leave Comments

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons